CALLING ALL YOUTH ARTISTS
Calling all youth artists. Do you want to be part of something great? Do you have a passion for being creative? And want a chance to take lessons with an established artist? FREE!
All you have to do is write a 500 word letter describing what art field you are interested in, why you want this opportunity and what it would mean to you! We will review all the letters and select up to 12 candidates that will be paired with the appropriate Artists. Some supplies will also be provided to the selected candidates.
How to apply:
1. Download the application from our website (click on the button below)
2. Hand write your letter and drop it off to the Mission Arts Council located at:
33529 – 1st. Avenue. Mission, BC. V2V-1H1.
Attention: Youth Coordinator “Ignite”
Any questions please Email Alex at: YouthCoordinator.email@example.com
Or Phone: 604-826-0029
ATTENTION: THE IGNITE YOUTH PROGRAM FOR 2016 IS CLOSED.
INFORMATION ON THE 2017 APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON
Call the Mission Arts Centre at:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
JCP project title: Mission Arts Council - Ignite Youth 2016
Job Creation Partnership The Employment Program of British Columbia
This Project is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia
Ignite Youth Program Guidelines for Youth:
Students selected for mentorships led by professional Artists will be offered in a wide variety of artistic disciplines, including: Pottery, Acrylic and Watercolor painting, Pencil drawing, Music (guitar, sound tech, mixing), Photography, film and videography and Carving.
Requirement to apply:
Must download the template from www.missionartscouncil.ca/IGNITE and provide a 500 word letter, describing what art field you are interested in, why you want this opportunity and what this would mean to you and your place within the community.
Role of Youth Participants:
1. Commit to minimum of 2.5 hours per month for 4 months. More time may be spent, if agreed on by both parties.
2. Commit to attending an Orientation Meeting with your parent or guardian, to meet your Mentor to review the program guidelines, goals, and to complete the Learning Contract.
3. You are asked to make sure you attend all classes in respect to the artist’s valuable time he/she has allotted to you. If for unseen circumstances you must cancel your session, please give plenty of notice by calling the Youth Coordinator at the MAC. If you miss one class, you will forfeit the rest of your mentorship sessions.
4. Must read, sign the code of conduct and contract between artist and student.
back to home page